Sunday 3 February 2019

A Project Based Journey - Part 3

 Here are Part One and Part Two. This is Part Three in this series about my latest Project Based Learning Journey.

The next step is building a Multi-Media Tech Set (MMTS). Here is a quick primer on the concept, which comes out of the world of Hyperdocs developed by Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton & Sarah Landis. Be sure to explore that link or the incredible Teachers Give Teachers for resources.

I make mine in Google Docs. 

  • I create a table and distribute the curriculum questions (see previous post) evenly over the squares.
  • I find fun, colourful pictures that have some relationship to the question.
  • I curate kid-friendly links to videos, articles & websites and connect the links to the pictures.
  • I save one panel for a Google Form Picture and link.
  • I use some colour fills to make it aesthetically pleasing.
Here is my latest.



The next step is revealing it to the students. Our plan is to have them explore at least 3 links and then complete the Google Form to give us feedback. Eventually, they will be making 3 Panel Brochures or Infographics, so we will need to front-load that.

No comments:

Post a Comment